Pages

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Ruth Passes ASA 103

I have not been pushing Ruth to take sailing classes as I don't want to overload her with sailing. She decided that she wanted to take ASA 103 so that she can do a combination ASA 104/114 class in October when I take my ASA 114 class. ASA 114 is the catamaran certification and ASA 104 is what is commonly known as your bareboat license.

Ruth passed the ASA 103 with flying colors! It was a hot and rainy two days and we don't typically go out in that kind of weather. She did well on the test and sailing portion. Ruth actually asked if we can go sailing on the lake Sunday to show me some of her new skills. I'm very proud of her accomplishment. The more your sailing team knows the better, if there's a day when I'm sick or she's on a night watch, she needs to be able to handle the boat. Nice job Ruth!




No comments:

Post a Comment